...promoting respect, dignity, and safer living for everyone in Peel!
35hrs/week, Contract until end of April 2007
$50,000 (pro-rated annually)
plus benefits package
The Peel Harm Reduction Network (PHRN) was established in 1999.
Its membership is composed of concerned community members and
representatives from agencies in the addiction services, housing,
public health, policing and mental health sectors in the Region of Peel
who share a commitment to the importance of disseminating harm
reduction information to substance users, their communities and the
agencies who serve them. Our vision is that Peel will be a place
where harm reduction philosophy and strategies will be embraced by all
as a compassionate, therapeutic measure in addressing substance use
As an employee of the John Howard Society of Peel-Halton-Dufferin, the
Project Coordinator will work with the PHRN and the Project Advisory
Body to achieve the following objectives:
- Using focus groups, determine needs related to harm reduction
information, education and services among service users, providers and
relevant stakeholders in the region of Peel
- Collection of data and report writing
- Work with the project advisory body to develop strategies and guidelines
- Design and deliver program components to meet community needs, including public presentations and training workshops
- Responsible for the ongoing development, management and evaluation of the project
- Organization and facilitation of regular networking/support meetings for frontline workers.
- Support the production and distribution of a PHRN newsletter
- Ensure administrative tasks are completed in a timely manner e.g.
funding and project evaluation reports, meeting minutes, setting
agendas and facilitating communication between project participants,
PHRN and the Project Advisory Body
- Supervise service users and students in various aspects of this project
- Represent PHRN in the community, in various capacities as required
Preference will be given to candidates who have
- An understanding and commitment to the principles of harm reduction.
- Experience in project development, co-ordination and evaluation
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership, strategic thinking, group facilitation and public speaking skills
- Experience with event planning and organization
- Knowledge of services and drug/alcohol use in the region of Peel
- Familiarity with multicultural communities and support for practices that promote inclusion
- Use of own car
For a copy of the project description, and for more information on PHRN visit our website, http://www.peelharmreduction.com.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume to PHRN by fax, email or mail.
The Peel Harm Reduction Network
3190 Mavis Rd
No phone calls please
Deadline for applications is 4:00 p.m., Friday, January 13, 2006.