Merrickville District Community Health Centre (MDCHC) is seeking an
established individual, organization or consulting firm to carry out a
Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) for the communities which form
the catchment area(s) for Merrickville District Community Health Centre
and the Smiths Falls Satellite Community Health Centre, for which
funding has recently been approved.
This is a substantial research project which requires the successful
firm/individual(s) to be on-site an estimated 60 per cent of the time.
The project must be completed by June 30, 2006.
The successful candidate or organization will demonstrate the following:
- Experience in developing and conducting needs assessments and evaluations
- Experience working with not-for-profit organizations
- Strong background in research (qualitative and quantitative),
- Knowledge and experience in survey methodology and design
- Project management skills and a demonstrated ability to work with various population groups, particularly in rural settings.
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written)
- Proven abilities in the preparation of reports and in presenting results.
- Knowledge of community health, health promotion and population health
Potential candidates will be selected for an interview/presentation the
week of January 30, 2006, with an expected start date of February 6,
The submission deadline for the RFP is Wednesday, January 25, 2006.
If you have any questions or wish a copy of the RFP, please contact
Health Promotion Coordinator
Merrickville District Community Health Centre
Tel: (613) 269-3400 x231