Administrator/Agency Mentorship Program Coordinator Position
Title: Administrator/Agency Mentorship Program Coordinator
Reports to: Program Director and Executive Director
Status: Part-time (16 hours per week), One-Year Contract
The Administrator's responsibilities will include updating For Youth
Initiative's guide for youth action, entitled Y-Files. This
youth-friendly guide was created in 2001 and is an amazing source of
information for youth on community organizing,
anti-oppression/anti-racism training and event planning. FYI
would like to update this tool with information learned over the past
three years, such as recent anti-racism and anti-oppression training
materials, books and resources relevant to youth, literacy and culture,
the steps needed to start your own community events and more. The
administrator will also assist in the development and coordination of a
youth mentorship program.
- Update For Youth Initiative's guide for youth action, entitled Y-Files.
- Assist in the organization of a mentorship program which involves
setting up meetings with mentor agencies, working out the logistics of
the program, and working with all the mentoring groups throughout the
development phase to assess the strengths of each group and what types
of support and guidance they can provide to others.
- Coordinate once per month mentor meetings, and collate evaluation tools and outcomes.
- Coordinate a large-scale evaluation/special event with the
mentors and groups that have received support to discuss progress,
benefits of the program and network with other groups and agencies.
- Produce a tool that will compile all the questions asked and
supports provided to the participants throughout the mentorship program
- Provide administrative supports to the Executive Director at least 4 hours/week.
- Participate in staff meetings, training and development.
- Perform administrative tasks related to the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education and related experience
- Understanding the underpinnings of community development and youth empowerment
- Excellent written, interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Highly developed ability to plan, prioritize work and remain adaptable and flexible to change
- Able to think strategically and analyze issues, able to manage resources and materials
- Self-directed and independent but also proven experience of working effectively in a team setting
- Experience in working from within an anti-racist/anti-oppressive framework
- Creative and self-motivated individual
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of various programs (Word, PageMaker etc)
- Openness and ability to working within ethno-culturally diverse communities.
Deadline: Friday, January 27, 2006
We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.
FYI is an equal opportunity employer. Only those applicants chosen for
an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Please, Specify Administrator Position on Your Cover Letter and on the
Fax, mail or e-mail resume to
For Youth Initiative
1652 Keele Street
Toronto, ON M6M 3W3
Fax: (416) 653-3423