Closing Date: Friday, January 27, 2006
Start Date: ASAP
Term: Fulltime, 1 year contract
The Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse (OPC) is a health promotion and
prevention agency providing information, education, consultation and
networking services in French and English province-wide. Please
see our website for more information (http://www.opc.on.ca).
The successful applicant will assist our Information Technology
Administrator with administration of our information technology
- Monitor and respond directly to user's questions and requests for assistance.
- Install and configure new computers and servers
Diagnose problems and maintain desktop and notebook
computers, monitors, printers etc. in good working order.
- Maintain OPC's computer, software & licensing inventories.
- Install and configure application software to be deployed within the IT environment.
- Monitor the availability of application software patches and upgrades for installed products
- Provide user support training in installed office productivity and virus protection applications
- Assist in the setup, administration and maintenance of user accounts on the network and mail server.
- Perform regular system backup and restore operations in accordance with OPC operating standards
- Assist in documentation of system configurations.
Assist the Information Technology Administrator
with network installation, configuration, maintenance, upgrading and
repairs as periodically assigned
Provide back-up for the Information Technology
Administrator's position when the incumbent in that position is absent
on leave or vacation.
Carry out general administrative functions in the
course of these duties (e.g. make photocopies; file materials
electronically and manually; send faxes)
Become an active member of organizational
committees or workgroups (e.g. health and safety, diversity) on a
volunteer or assignment basis.
- Consult with the Information Technology Administrator on all situations that have network implications.
- A minimum of two years experience in IT
environments including involvement in user support, hardware, software
and network installation and maintenance. Prefer related certification
Must have proficiency in range of applications
including Windows 2000 and Exchange 2000; experience with Unix, Cisco
pix, Linux, Livelink, Maximizer is beneficial.
Excellent time management skills and ability to
multi-task; strong attention to detail and good problem solving skills
- Experience working successfully within a team, and self-directed
Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills,
including ability to work effectively with IT savvy and IT hesitant
colleagues; experience with documentation; competency with Office 2000,
Outlook 2000, internet/intranet applications
- Preference will be given to fluently bilingual candidates (English-French)
Interested applicants should submit cover letter and resume by Friday, January 27, 2006, to
c/o Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 1900
Toronto, ON M5G 1Z8
Fax: (416) 408-2122
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an
interview will be contacted. OPC is an equal opportunity