519 Church Street Community Centre
9:00 a.m.-4.30 p.m.
Offered by Toronto's Senior Pride Network
This event will focus on the special issues of older Lesbian, Gay,
Bisexual, Trans and Two-Spirit people and their needs in the areas of
long-term care, health, home care, recreation, and mental health.
This is a unique opportunity for service providers and LGBT community
members to learn, gain skills and share ideas.
- LGBT community panel speaking about aging, their hopes and fears
- narrated slide show on the history and geography of transgender people
- workshops on developing welcoming services, mental health, the Aboriginal concept of Two Spirit people, excellence in home care
- screening room showing short films and documentaries.
- display booths featuring mainstream and LGBT services
- photography exhibit by LGBT seniors.
The cost is $50 for service providers and includes a full day of
learning, handouts, lunch and refreshments. LGBT seniors will be
admitted at no charge. For further information or to register fill out
the attached registration form and bring or mail it to the front desk
of the 519.