Closing date: March 21st 2006
Start date: ASAP
The Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse (OPC) is a health promotion and
prevention agency providing information, education, consultation and
networking services in French and English province-wide. Please
see our website for more information (http://www.opc.on.ca).
OPC has an opening for a new position of general manager. The
successful applicant, reporting to the Executive Director, will oversee
accounting and payroll, human resources, websites, information
management and technology, and office operations. The new general
manager will provide leadership to plan expanded knowledge translation
services and products, and improve our internal knowledge/data systems.
- Support and supervise staff (6-9). Recruit, hire and orient new
staff as needed. Foster personal development by staff members and
teamwork. Provide strategic advise to specialist staff working in the
areas of finances (accounting, budgets, banking, audit); information
technology and management (network security, maintenance, improvement;
hardware/software); websites, data management, payroll and human
resources. These areas include ensuring appropriate standards,
documentation, planning and on-going assessment. Direct students,
volunteers and independent contractors on specific projects as assigned.
- Oversee office operations, equipment and facility management.
- Ideally, the person in this position will provide leadership to
assess and improve our knowledge management systems (e.g. service
records, resource holdings) and plan new and enhanced services and
products in the areas of knowledge exchange and translation.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor activities and spending to ensure accountability and that deliverables are met.
- Contribute to development of budgets, funding proposals and related reports.
- Participate as a member of OPC management group (e.g. back-up for
Executive Director, as assigned; contribute to development/revision of
policies, procedures and practices; report to OPC Board of Directors).
- Prepare and approve reporting staff's cheque requisitions and
credit card expense claims, including approval of invoices and other
documents falling with area of signing authority.
- Make photocopies; file materials electronically and manually;
send faxes; type; create tables, templates, and charts; enter data.
- University or college degree or equivalent mix of experience and training.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in management of day-to-day
organizational operations, e.g,. organizational, office operations,
finances, human resources, and information technology.
- Sound knowledge in one or more areas of information technology,
websites and data management; accounting; human resources and payroll.
Hands-on experience/proficiency with technology, databases, accounting
packages and office applications is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge appropriate to lead OPC in
improving knowledge management and knowledge translation/exchange
services and products.
- Excellent team and cooperation skills. Strong interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent strategic, analytical and decision-making skills.
Organized, priority-focused, dynamic, independent, resourceful, and
able to multi-task.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are proficient in English and French.
- Passion for charitable sector work or health promotion an asset.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume in confidence by March 21, 2006, to
c/o Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 1900
Toronto, ON M5G 1Z8
Fax: (416) 408-2122
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an
interview will be contacted. OPC is an equal opportunity