March 9, 2006
File Number NRC 6-03.06
These two full-time positions are available immediately and funded for one year with the possibility of extension.
Closing date: noon - Friday March 24, 2006
Compensation: negotiable competitive salary with benefits
Location: 700 Lawrence Avenue West. Toronto, with occasional province-wide travel
Relocation: expenses will not be paid.
The Nutrition Resource Centre (NRC) is committed to increasing the
capacity of Ontario's nutrition practitioners to implement nutrition
programs and strategies in a health promotion context through
coordinated provincial support for nutrition promotion programming,
resource development and dissemination, and program-related technical
An NRC Program Coordinator is accountable for planning, implementing,
coordinating and evaluating all aspects of assigned provincial
programming portfolios supported by the NRC.
His/her qualifications include
- a degree in nutrition or health science from a recognized university, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- preferably post-graduate education in health promotion or a related discipline;
- eligibility for registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario required;
- working knowledge of foods/nutrition and consumer behaviour theories and practices;
- successful experience applying needs-based health promotion techniques and tools;
- experience with Ontario's community and/or public health sector;
- broad knowledge and experience in program planning, implementation and evaluation;
- proven training and development, facilitation and community development abilities;
- strong teamwork, project management, coordinating and practical problem-solving skills;
- ability to work independently using initiative and open to peer review
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- capacity to manage relationships well with diverse groups of people on varied initiatives;
- proficiency with PC-based common office software;
- French-English bilingualism an asset;
- project management experience and
- legal entitlement to work immediately in Canada.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume, including
salary expectations and quoting file number to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
by mail, marked "Confidential" to
The Nutrition Resource Centre
Ontario Public Health Association
700 Lawrence Avenue West, Suite 310
Toronto, ON M6A 3B4
Att: M. Traynor
Thank you for your interest. Owing to volume, only candidates for interviews will be contacted.