9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Novotel Hotel, 33 Nicholas Street
Trainer: Jacquie Dale, President/CEO of One World Inc.
Who should attend? Individuals interested in learning an
innovative and tested public engagement process called Deliberative
Dialogue. It is a social technique that provides opportunities for
people to consider different perspectives on key social issues. It
involves values-based dialogue as opposed to agenda-driven debate.
Benefits of the workshop
- Understand the shortcomings of traditional consultation practices and why Deliberative Dialogue offers a productive alternative.
- Participate in a Deliberative Dialogue.
- Learn the principles of public engagement that are the foundation for Deliberative Dialogue.
- Develop the skills needed to facilitate or note take for a Deliberative Dialogue.
- Enhance general facilitation and note taking skills.
- Learn how to adapt Deliberative Dialogue to ensure it meets your needs.
A detailed training manual and a participant's guide will be provided
to all attendees. In addition, participants will receive a facilitator
guide that they can refer to when facilitating and/or note taking for
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Colleen Murdoch by phone at (613) 562-4073 x310.
For more information, visit the One World Inc. website at http://www.owi.ca.