This position is being offered on a temporary basis for one year from date of hire with possibility of extension.
Posted: March 13, 2006
Posting Expires: March 27, 2006
Posting #: H-91-06
Together with the Halton Community, the Health Department works to achieve the best possible health for all.
Masters Degree in Health Sciences, Environmental and Health Sciences or
related discipline is preferred. Broad knowledge, skills and
experience in project management, research and data retrieval, and
in-depth skills in public policy analysis and planning principles
required. Strength in the field of environment and health is
required as well as a broad knowledge of human services and public
health issues. Proven effective communication skills and
proficiency in the use of Microsoft office software programs is
required. An equivalent combination of education and experience
may be considered.
- Responsible for researching, data retrieval, public consultation
as required and developing policy options and analysis to guide Health
Department initiatives in air quality, land use and transportation and
other public health issues impacted by the environment.
- Keeps current with literature and other means of knowledge
transfer relevant to the environment and health, and other emerging
issues with relevance to public health. Represents the Health
Department on inter-departmental and region-wide policy development
activities that are related to air quality, land use and transportation
and other public health issues impacted by the environment.
- Performs a Health Department lead role in the coordination of the strategic plan and related matters.
- Identifies strategic directions for existing and emerging public health issues.
- Provides recommendations and advice on the feasibility of the implementation of a health impact assessment tool.
- Critically appraise, review and write reports as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
View the full posting and submission guidelines at: http://www.halton.ca/about/jobs/.
Please note, Halton Region does not accept e-mailed resumes.