University of Toronto, Faculty of Medicine, Public Health Sciences
Application Deadline: 31 March 2006
Position: Financial and Administrative Assistant
Hiring Rate: $39,746 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $50,787
Appointment Type: Grant - One year term - possibility of renewal
Under the supervision of the Director of the Centre for Health
Promotion, the assistant provides support for the director, CHP staff,
and outside consultants working on various provincially, federally, and
internationally funded health promotion projects. This individual
must be capable of working independently much of the time.
- Duties and responsibilities fall into four major categories, each
involving a mix of project coordination, secretarial and administrative
tasks, and writing and designing tasks.
- Support the overall smooth and efficient delivery of all Centre
services and maintain the efficiency of the general office environment.
- Assist the director in the preparation and monitoring of
projects, proposals, budgets, reports, and other administrative and
financial functions related to the mission of the Centre.
- Event and publication coordination
- Other duties related to the business of the Centre as required.
- University degree or acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good keyboarding skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the following software: Word, Access,
PowerPoint, Excel, Internet Explorer, Outlook, Netscape Communicator,
Easy CD Creator.
- Knowledge of web design packages such as DreamWeaver and financial management software (SAP and HRIS) would be an asset.
- A minimum of three years related administrative and financial
experience, preferably in the university or other public sector agency
such as a Board of Health or provincial government office.
- A good general knowledge of the field of health promotion and/or grants proposal writing experience is desirable.
Please submit résumé and cover letter to
Faculty of Medicine
University of Toronto
1 King's College Circle, Room 2256
Medical Sciences Building
Toronto, ON M5S 1A8
Fax: (416) 978-6746