Closing Date: April 6th, 2006
The Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse (OPC) is Ontario's leading
bilingual prevention and health promotion organization, providing
information, education, consultation and networking services in French
and English province-wide. Please see our website for more
OPC is seeking a program manager. The successful applicant will work
collaboratively with staff in two or three program teams to ensure
strategic decision-making, strong programming, and positive outcomes.
This is a permanent position, full-time (35 hours per week). Fluency in
English and French is strongly preferred. Location of work is Toronto.
- Strategically plan, coordinate activities, and ensure that deliverables are met.
- Support, mentor and supervise staff, individually and as a team. Recruit/hire new staff.
- Problem-solve and support OPC, programs and staff to strive for
excellence. Analyse program contributions, strengths and shortcomings;
- Negotiate grants, work plans and contracts.
- Establish budgets; approve and monitor spending.
- Prepare reports to funders, partners, the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Collaborate with partners, funders, clients and other stakeholders, and pursue opportunities.
- Promote programs and OPC and represent the organization externally.
- Participate in OPC management, and contribute to policy and practice development and implementation.
- Master's level degree in a related field and at least five years
of experience in health promotion or community/public health
programming/administration or equivalent mix of experience and
- Preference will be given to candidates with excellent oral and written proficiency in both English and French.
- Knowledge of diverse communities, with particular attention to French-speaking communities.
- Management/supervisory experience. Experience in project
management, meeting/workshop facilitation, program design, and
educational resource development. Strong team development, coaching,
collaboration skills and participatory management approaches.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Demonstrated strategic/analytic and judgment ability.
- Word processing, presentation software, e-mail, internet/intranet usage, spreadsheets and databases.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume, in both English and French, in confidence by April 6th, 2006, to
Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 1900
Toronto, ON M5G 1Z8
Fax: (416) 408-2122
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an
interview will be contacted. OPC is an equal opportunity