The Toronto Community Foundation's Growing Active Kids program supports
groups in Toronto that are working to increase access to recreational
activities for children and youth. Growing Active Kids' funding
- Programs that create opportunities for participation for children
and youth who otherwise might not have access to recreation due to cost
or other barriers;
- Programs that encourage diverse ethno-cultural participation;
- Programs that encourage leadership, mentoring and role modeling
amongst youth and/or provide opportunities for young people to gain
paid employment; and
- Programs that emphasize positive social development through recreation.
The application deadline is 5:00 p.m. on April 28th, 2006. For more information, and the grant guidelines, please visit http://www.tcf.ca/initiatives_grants/granting/growingactivekids.html.
Should you have any questions regarding the program priorities, the
application process or your eligibility, please contact Sara Lyons at
(416) 921-2035 x204 or by email at email@example.com.