To improve the health and well being of Aboriginal People in spirit,
mind, emotion and body by providing Traditional Healing within an
intra-disciplinary health care model.
(Anishnawbe Health Toronto's Mission Statement)
Anishnawbe Health Toronto, an accredited Community Health Centre, seeks
a Registered Nurse Extended Class who will function as an effective
member of a multi-disciplinary team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide appropriate treatment based upon health history, physical examination and diagnosis
- Management and follow-up of client's treatment regimen
- Provide counseling, education, advocacy, health promotion, internal referrals and follow-up
- Perform duties within the clinic, at outreach sites, at home
visits, during client hospitalization and through mobile case management
- Contribute to developing policies, procedures, protocols, medical directives and best care practices
- Develop and mobilize programs for health promotion and disease
prevention for high incident pathologies (e.g., tuberculosis,
hypertension, diabetes and addictions)
Qualifications & Experience
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario in the Extended Class: RN(EC)
- BScN or equivalent credentials
- 2 years experience in a clinical setting
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certification
- Membership in RNAO and ANAC is recommended but not essential
- Knowledge and appreciation of societal issues and underlying
health problems in the Aboriginal community, for example the effects of
the post-colonial and residential school experiences
- Computer literacy including skill with word processing, presentations and electronic charting software
- Experience and capacity to consult and collaborate within a multi-disciplinary health team
- Ability to function independently within established parameters
- Knowledge of Aboriginal language and culture is an asset
- Valid Ontario Driver's License is a requirement
Interested applicants are invited to submit resumes to
Anishnawbe Health Toronto
225 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M5A 1S4
Fax: (416) 365-1083
Closing Date: Friday, May 26, 2006, by 5:00 p.m.
Anishnawbe Health Toronto offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive
benefits package, a commitment to your professional development and a
supportive workplace environment.
People With Disabilities Are Encouraged to Apply.
(If you are invited for an interview and require accommodation, please let us know.)
Meegwetch to all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.