To improve the health and well being of Aboriginal People in spirit,
mind, emotion and body by providing Traditional Healing within an
intra-disciplinary health care model.
(Anishnawbe Health Toronto's Mission Statement)
Anishnawbe Health Toronto, an accredited Community Health Centre, seeks
a Program Manager who will coordinate and monitor the effective
delivery of health care programs and resources.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead and manage a wide range of health care practitioners, programs and services in a multidisciplinary health care setting
- Recommend, develop and implement strategies and programs to address Aboriginal health disparities and issues
- Develop and present proposals, reports and briefing papers in support of operations and development
- Daily Unit management including the coordination, scheduling and supervision of staff
- Supervision of a data base system ensuring that information is
collected, recorded, maintained and monitored for quality assurance
Qualifications & Experience
- Graduate degree in the health or social services field or significant management experience
- Effective budget management
- Excellent skills in communication, finance, human resource management and supervision
- Knowledge and appreciation of societal issues and underlying
health problems in the Aboriginal community, for example the effects of
post-colonial and residential school experiences
- Computer literacy including skill with word processing, presentations and electronic charting software
- Ability to function independently within established parameters
- Knowledge of Aboriginal language and culture is an asset
- Valid Ontario Driver's License is an asset
Interested applicants are invited to submit resumes to
Anishnawbe Health Toronto
225 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M5A 1S4
Fax: (416) 365-1083
Closing Date: Friday, May 26, 2006, by 5:00 p.m.
Anishnawbe Health Toronto offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive
benefits package, a commitment to your professional development and a
supportive workplace environment.
People With Disabilities Are Encouraged to Apply.
(If you are invited for an interview and require accommodation, please let us know.)
Meegwetch to all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.