To improve the health and well being of Aboriginal People in spirit,
mind, emotion and body by providing Traditional Healing within an
intra-disciplinary health care model.
(Anishnawbe Health Toronto's Mission Statement)
Anishnawbe Health Toronto, an accredited Community Health Centre, seeks
a Community Health Nurse (R.N.) who will consult and collaborate within
a multi-disciplinary mental health team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide mental health interventions including triage, assessment, brief counseling and plans of care
- Provide mental health services within the clinic, at outreach
sites, at home visits, during client hospitalization and through mobile
- Complete electronic charting and participate in chart reviews, ethical reviews and case conferencing
- Assist in program planning and interagency liaison for community
health and healing initiatives in the urban Aboriginal community
- Assist in mental health promotion including community presentations and advocacy
Qualifications & Experience
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse within the Province of Ontario
- Membership in RNAO and ANAC is recommended but not essential
- Willing to pursue further education in the area of mental health and health promotion
- Knowledge and appreciation of societal issues and underlying
health problems in the Aboriginal community, for example the effects of
the post-colonial and residential school experiences and the high
incidence of homelessness, addictions and traumatic stress
- Computer literacy including skill with word processing, presentations and electronic charting software
- Ability to function independently within established parameters
- Knowledge of Aboriginal language and culture is an asset
- Valid Ontario Driver's License is a requirement
Interested applicants are invited to submit resumes to
Manager, Mental Health Unit
Anishnawbe Health Toronto
179 Gerrard Street East
Toronto, ON M5A 1S4
Fax: (416) 920-8876
Closing Date: Friday, May 26, 2006, by 5:00 pm
Anishnawbe Health Toronto offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive
benefits package, a commitment to your professional development and a
supportive workplace environment.
People With Disabilities Are Encouraged to Apply.
(If you are invited for an interview and require accommodation, please let us know.)
Meegwetch to all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.