To improve the health and well being of Aboriginal People in spirit,
mind, emotion and body by providing Traditional Healing within an
intra-disciplinary health care model.
(Anishnawbe Health Toronto's Mission Statement)
Anishnawbe Health Toronto, an accredited Community Health Centre, seeks
an experienced Social Worker (M.S.W.) who will consult and collaborate
within a multi-disciplinary mental health team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide assessment, counseling, crisis intervention, referrals,
and advocacy services for clients with mental health needs.
Collaboration/communication with the health care team is essential.
- Develop, implement, and monitor treatment plans, responsive to clients' needs.
- Establish on going contact with community agencies to obtain,
provide or exchange information relating to clients' psycho-social
functioning and health care needs.
- Complete electronic charting on all clients' records and service
statistics; maintaining appropriate progress reports and ensuring
clients records are up to date.
- Provide on-going community outreach to aboriginal clientele,
while promoting awareness of and participation in centre activities.
- Participate in clinical consultations, chart reviews, ethical reviews and case conferencing.
- Partake in research and training for all centre's activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- MSW or equivalent combination of education and experience in health/social services
- Professional memberships and affiliations
- Knowledge of casework, case management, counseling and crisis intervention tools and resources
- Ability to deal with crisis situations objectively and effectively
- Knowledge and appreciation of societal issues and underlying
health problems in the Aboriginal community, for example
the effects of the post-colonial and residential school experiences and
the high incidence of homelessness, additions and traumatic stress
- Computer literacy including skill with word processing, presentations and electronic charting software
- Ability to function independently and within established parameters
- Knowledge of Aboriginal language and culture is an asset
- Valid Ontario Driver's License is a requirement
Interested applicants are invited to submit resumes to
Manager, Mental Health Unit
Anishnawbe Health Toronto
179 Gerrard Street East
Toronto, ON M5A 1S4
Fax: (416) 920-8876
Closing Date: Friday, May 26, 2006, by 5:00 p.m.
Anishnawbe Health Toronto offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive
benefits package, a commitment to your professional development and a
supportive workplace environment.
People With Disabilities Are Encouraged to Apply.
(If you are invited for an interview and require accommodation, please let us know.)
Meegwetch to all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.