Closing Date: May 15, 2006
The Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse (OPC) is Ontario's leading
bilingual prevention and health promotion organization, providing
information, education, consultation and networking services in French
and English province-wide. See http://www.opc.on.ca to learn more.
OPC is seeking a health promotion manager. The successful applicant
will ensure strategic decision-making, strong programming and positive
outcomes, working with staff in 3 programs: Prevent Stroke, Health
Promotion Resource Centre and the Health Promotion Affiliate of the
Canadian Health Network. All programs emphasize population health
promotion capacity development and knowledge translation/exchange,
including electronic access to health promotion resources and
information. Major clients are health professionals and community
volunteers in public health, community/social services, and primary
care. This is a permanent full-time position.
- Strategically plan, coordinate activities, and ensure that
deliverables are met. Analyse program contributions, strengths and
shortcomings; initiate improvements.
- Support, mentor and supervise staff, individually and as a team.
Problem-solve and support staff to strive for excellence. Recruit/hire
- Negotiate grants, work plans, contracts and fulfillment.
- Establish budgets; approve and monitor spending.
- Prepare reports to funders, partners, the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Collaborate with partners, funders, clients and other stakeholders. Create and pursue opportunities.
- Promote OPC, programs and represent the organization externally.
- Participate in OPC management team, and contribute to organizational policy and practice improvement.
- Master's level degree in a related field and at least five years
of experience in health promotion or community/public health
programming/administration or equivalent mix of experience and
- Demonstrated management and supervisory experience. Experience in
project management, meeting/workshop facilitation, program design, and
educational resource development. Strong team development, coaching,
collaboration skills and participatory management approaches.
- Demonstrated strategic/analytic and judgment ability.
- Knowledge of diverse communities, with particular attention to
French-speaking communities. Preference will be given to candidates
with excellent oral and written proficiency in both English and French.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Word processing, presentation software, e-mail, internet/intranet usage, spreadsheets and databases.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume, in both English and French, in confidence by May 15th, 2006, to
Human Resources, Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 1900
Toronto, ON M5G 1Z8
Fax: (416) 408-2122
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an
interview will be contacted. OPC is an equal opportunity