The Student Life Education Company Inc.
Director of High School Division: Student Life NOW!
This is a one year contract, renewable annually contingent on funding.
The Student Life Education Company is seeking a motivated individual to
be responsible for the high school division, Student Life NOW!, which
predominantly services the youth impaired driving movement. This
division has an annual national day of action, which is coordinated and
managed by the Director, in addition to executing elements of a
year-long program. The Director is responsible for the following:
1. National Students Against Impaired Driving (NSAID) Day
The Director is responsible for the creation, promotion and execution
of NSAID Day. Events take place on the third Tuesday in October
annually. The regular maintenance of the national mailing list
and the creation of the promotional items are the top priorities for
2. Network Management
The Director will manage a network of active high school coordinators
who participate in National Students Against Impaired Driving (NSAID)
Day and other programs annually.
3. School Visits and Presentations
The successful candidate is required to do between 20 and 30 school visits annually, based on funding.
4. Year-Long Programming Strategy
The Director is responsible for implementing the year-long programming
strategy for the Division. The strategy encompasses the
promotion, creation and execution of holiday and safe grad programming
5. Summer Student and Part-time Employee Supervision
The Director supervises employees hired specifically to assist in the
Student Life NOW! Division and acts as the liaison between part-time
employees and the Executive Director.
6. National Organizations and Conferences
The Director must attend the Canadian Youth Against Impaired Driving
(CYAID) conference and participate on their Board of Directors
annually. The Director represents The Student Life Education
Company at youth based conferences and is required to make
presentations at conferences when possible (contingent on funding).
7. Other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director
This position reports to the Student Life Education Company Executive Director.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Confident speaker with proven presentation skills.
· Experience working with students and student
leaders. Knowledge of impaired driving programs and student
leadership and volunteerism is essential.
· Ability to prioritize workload and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
· Ability to exercise patience, professionalism and tact when working with students.
· Exceptional organization and event planning skills.
· Accounting and budget tracking knowledge required.
· Ability to travel to campuses across Canada. A driver's licence is a necessity.
· Sound working knowledge of standard computer business and internet applications.
· University degree and/or acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Creative problem solving considered an asset.
· Knowledge of the not-for-profit sector considered an asset.
Some lifting is involved as school visits usually involve display set up and tear down.
This position requires a highly motivated individual who can inspire
youth and youth advisors to work on impaired driving and other wellness
programs and campaigns.
We regret that our office is not wheelchair accessible. Office
located in Toronto, accessible by public transit. An open-concept
office with many distractions due to phones and individual traffic.
Anticipated Start Date:
Applications to close:
May 10, 2006 at 5:30 p.m. EST
Salary and Benefits:
Starting Salary: Mid $30's depending on experience.
Manulife Financial health Plan
Two weeks paid vacation
Substantial vacation break between Christmas and New Years annually.
Resume and cover letter to be forwarded to:
Jennifer Wallace, Assistant to the Executive Director
The Student Life Education Company
Post: 1350 Weston Road, Toronto, ON M6M 4R5
Contact 416-243-1338 for questions.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.