Permanent Full Time Position
This Category II position is open to all interested parties.
Under the supervision of the Health Promotion Director, the Health
Promotion Manager (HPM) will effectively and efficiently organize the
local delivery of health promotion (HP) programs and implement
initiatives for the Strengthening the Forces (STF) Program consistent
with the direction and standards provided by the Strengthening the
Forces, DCOS Force Health Protection, DGHS. The HPM acts as a
resource person for HP activities on the Base and delivers HP programs,
activities and initiatives in areas of addictions awareness and
prevention, nutritional wellness, social wellness and injury prevention
consistent with the direction and standards provided by DCOS Force
Health Protection (STF), on behalf of DGHS. The HPM utilizes mass
media strategies, group processes, social marketing and public speaking
skills. The HPM also identifies indicators of program success and
provides input into the development of instruments for data collection
and methods for evaluating programs.
Masters degree in Health Promotion or a health related science
discipline such as Nursing, Mental Health/Social Work, Nutrition, and
Human Kinetics combined with some years experience in the delivery of
community health or health promotion and prevention programs.
Baccalaureate in Health Promotion or a health-related discipline (as
stated above) combined with some years experience in community health
or health promotion and prevention programs.
Language requirement: Bilingualism (French / English) is essential for this position.
- of concepts and practices of health promotion and disease/injury prevention
- of new trends and developments in Health Promotion in the community and workplace settings
- of Canadian policies and activities in health promotion matters
with regard to social wellness, addictions, nutrition and injury
- of applied health and social science research
- of learning and teaching principles related to adult education
- of the principles of attitude and behaviour change
- of the principles of community development
- of concepts and practices of mass communication and social marketing
- of group dynamics
- of the principles of strategic and operational program planning
- of general business practices and theories
- of budget administration
- of personnel administration
- in group facilitation and team-building
- in oral and written communications for both professional and public audiences
- in preparing social marketing campaigns
- in collecting, analyzing and reporting data
- in the delivery of adult based learning and facilitation of workshops
- in report writing
- in project management
- in applying policies, procedures, and regulations
- in using audio-visual equipment and software
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to effectively
apply interpersonal skills, to effectively apply organizational skills,
to establish and maintain partnerships, to make sound decisions and set
priorities, to be an effective group leader and be able to work
independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Candidates are required to complete a written exam as part of the selection process.
Salary: $55,905-$62,310 per annum.
Successful candidate will be prepared to commence employment as soon as possible.
NPF employees must demonstrate the following core
characteristics: team player, customer focus, positive attitude,
excellence, and competence.
NPF is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites
applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities
and Visible Minorities.
To receive this job poster in an alternative format, please contact the NPF Human Resources Manager.
Eligible candidates should submit a resume clearly outlining their ability to fulfill all position requirements by mail to
Applications must be received before 1600 hrs on 31 May 2006.
Please note that only those candidates selected for further
consideration will be contacted. If you have special needs and
require accommodation measures for the selection process, please notify
the NPF Human Resources Manager at that time.