Full Time (35 hours/week)
The Guelph Community Health Centre provides innovative primary health
services and community programs, mainly for our priority groups, using
an interdisciplinary team approach, and collaborating with community
partners. We work with those experiencing barriers to health,
such as new immigrants, those living on low incomes, and vulnerable
adults and teens.
Reporting to the Primary Health Manager, the successful candidate will
coordinate, implement and oversee the health education/promotion
programs and facilitate the integration of a health education/promotion
focus in centre activities. The candidate will be providing front line
service for the majority of their work time.
- Identify community needs for health education and recommend
and/or implement programs, sessions and workshops which meet these needs
- Coordinate the materials and resources that are available within the health centre
- Liaise and provide support to community agencies and neighborhood groups
- Network in the health promotion field and maintain currency in health literature
- Advocate for issues that affect our priority populations
- Provide support to evaluation of programs
- Post graduate degree in health/social services/adult education and/or 3-5 years experience in a community-based organization
- Experience in community development
- Experience and knowledge in group facilitation and community organizing techniques
- Experience in program design and evaluation
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of determinants of health
- Knowledge of current health literature
- Excellent communication with a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment
Please respond, by mail, fax or email, (only one please), by 4:30 p.m.
on June 19, 2006, to the address below. Include, with your resume, a
two-page summary outlining your specific qualifications and experience
as they relate to each of the responsibilities listed above.
Guelph Community Health Centre
#1 - 176 Wyndham Street North
Guelph, ON N1H 8N9
Fax: (519) 821-6148
Guelph Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank, in advance, all those who apply, but will contact only those who qualify for interviews.