Public Health Services (Epidemiology & Evaluation - Applied
Research & Evaluation - Location--1 Hughson Street North, 4th
Research Analyst--Cupe 5167 (inside workgroup, 1 temporary full-time position)
Summary of Duties
Reporting to the Manager, Applied Research and Evaluation, the Research
Analyst is responsible for conducting research/program evaluation
activities to support programs within the Public Health Services
Unit. The Research Analyst participates as a member of a
research/program evaluation team to: develop research/program
evaluation questions, conduct literature reviews, develop appropriate
research/program evaluation designs, implement specific
research/program evaluation activities, provide statistical analysis
and write reports.
- Participate as a member of a research/program evaluation team(s) in the development of research questions.
- Conduct literature reviews to support program evaluation initiatives.
- Participate in the development of appropriate research design and methodology to conduct program evaluation/research.
- Implement appropriate research/program evaluation methodology.
- Conduct pilot research/program evaluation projects.
- Co-ordinate specific research/program evaluation activities.
- Provide consultation related to research/program methodology, i.e. survey design, tool development.
- Conduct advanced statistical analysis, i.e. inter-rater reliability, meta-analysis.
- Guide research assistants in database development, qualitative and data analysis.
- Participate in program evaluation/research activities including:
developing reports, papers, and posters for dissemination to internal
and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with community partners in the undertaking of joint program evaluation activities.
- Provide consultation to program staff in the implementation of research/evaluation activities.
- Represent the Epidemiology & Evaluation Division on Public Health Services and Community Stakeholder committees.
- Perform other duties as assigned which are directly related to the responsibilities of the position.
- Demonstrated knowledge of research/program evaluation
methodology, advanced statistical analyses such as inter-rater
reliability and meta-analyses, qualitative and quantitative analyses
and survey design and tool development normally acquired through the
completion of a B.A./B.Sc. Degree and related work experience.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of microcomputer systems
and software packages for conducting both qualitative and quantitative
analysis including Reference Manager, Word and Access.
- Excellent writing, communication, organizational and diplomacy skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience working with committees.
- Flexibility and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously.
Salary: Salary Grade 21, $26.764-$27.980-$29.194-$30.413 per hour
Hours: 35 per week
Note: This vacancy is due to a maternity/adoptive leave.
The Incumbent Shall Comply with All Health and Safety Policies and Practices for this Position and the Workplace.
This posting closes July 5, 2006.
Please submit your resume, quoting the Job Title and Reference No. 3846 to
Human Resources Department
Mailing Address: c/o City Hall, 71 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON L8P 4Y5
Physical Address: 120 King Street West, 9th Floor
Fax: (905) 546-2650
http://www.myhamilton.ca--click on City & Government, Careers
When delivering your resume in person, please visit us at our physical
address--120 King Street West, 9th Floor--between the hours of 8:30
a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
We thank all who have applied, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The City, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.