This position is being offered on part-time contract basis from date
of hire until December 22, 2006, consisting of 24 hours per week.
Together with the Halton Community, the Health Department works to achieve the best possible health for all.
- A Bachelor's degree in a health related field including health promotion and health education is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and work experience in health promotion,
project management, and community mobilization in a Public Health
- Knowledge and practical experience in the area of physical
activity promotion is desirable. Knowledge and practical experience in
the areas of health behaviour and behaviour change theory, social
marketing, health policy analysis and policy development is required.
- Demonstrated skills/ability to build community relationships,
coalitions and provide consultation to internal and external
- Strong public relations skills and demonstrated ability to
communicate ideas effectively verbally and in writing as well as
well-developed reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills and
- Experience in a computerized work environment with a working
knowledge of Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) is
- Must have a valid Ontario drivers license and supply own transportation.
View the full posting and submission guidelines at http://www.halton.ca/about/jobs/.
Deadline August 3, 2006