With a primary focus on the population health initiatives of reduced
substance use and mental will being, the Population Health Promotion
Practitioner develops, implements and evaluates broad strategies to
promote positive well being for citizens of the Saskatoon Health Region
(including Region staff). This position develops population-based
health promotion and prevention activities including; the development
of health public policy, creating supportive environments,
strengthening community action, developing personal health and
re-orientating health services. As a member of Mental Health and
Addiction Services this person works in partnership with MHAS staff,
Public Health Services, the Regional Population Health Promotion Team
and community partners to help set the direction for population health
promotion activities and will help advise and influence the MHAS
management team, Primary Health Team (West Winds) and Regional
Population Health Promotion Strategy regarding population health
promotion issues and opportunities.
The incumbent requires the following qualifications and skills:
- A University degree in Health Education, Social Sciences, or
other related discipline is required. Registration with the
appropriate professional regulatory body may be required, if applicable.
- Experience working at the community level in a health promotion
field. A combination of related experience and additional
education will be considered.
- Knowledge of health promotion prevention issues in the community.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of population health
promotion principles and understanding of the broader determinants of
- Knowledge of current research on successful strategies and outcomes of health promotion and prevention programs.
- Understanding of community development principles and the
relationship between population health promotion strategies and
community development approaches.
- Skill in program and evaluation planning, development, implementation and evaluation.
- Valid driver's licence and access to a personal motor vehicle for transportation related to Region business.
Note: Preference for this position will be given to HSAS members
in accordance with the terms and conditions of the SAHO/HSAS collective
For detailed position-specific information, contact Greg Drummond at (306) 655-6736.
Please reply in confidence by August 4, 2006, to
Saskatoon Health Region, Human Resources
103 Hospital Drive
Saskatoon, SK S7K 0W8
Tel: (306) 655-2428
Fax: (306) 655-2444
Please quote competition number 06-07-0965-UofT.
Visit our web site at http://www.saskatoonhealthregion.ca.
Saskatoon Health Region supports a shared commitment to a
Representative Workforce that is respectful and inclusive of all staff
and clients. Saskatoon Health Region believes that building
diversity among our staff will increase our ability to meet the needs
of our diverse client base.
A Criminal Record Check will be required prior to being offered a position with the Saskatoon Health Region.
Saskatoon Health Region thanks all applicants, but only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.