Eastview Neighbourhood Community Centre is a multi-service agency
providing needed programs and services for children, youth, seniors,
families and newcomers in our east Toronto service area, many of whom
are Chinese-speaking. We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated
Primary Function: Reporting to the Program Director, the Seniors
Services Co-ordinator is responsible for the planning, delivery and
evaluation of programs and services for seniors, both Chinese and
English speaking. S/he advances the Centre's Mission and values through
these programs and services.
- Plans and organizes the seniors services of the Centre with the
assistance of staff, volunteers, seniors program participants and the
- Plans and implements outreach to seniors to identify their needs, as well as to other relevant organizations in east Toronto.
- Plans and implements a range of social and recreation programs
which are culturally competent and of interest to Chinese-speaking
seniors such as choir, fitness, trips, luncheons and special events.
- Plans, implements and promotes workshops of importance and interest to seniors, such as health education.
- Provides friendly home visiting, security checks, orientation, information and referral services for Chinese-speaking seniors.
- Provides appropriate information, translation as needed and
advocacy to assist seniors with pension, housing, health and other
- Develops bilingual publicity materials for both Chinese and
English-speaking seniors to promote and stimulate interest in seniors
activities and events.
- Recruits and orients volunteers and new seniors program participants.
- Supervises one part-time staff person.
- Facilitates regular meetings for senior's services staff and volunteers to discuss goals, improvements, and achievements.
- Controls the seniors services budget, and acquires supplies within the approved budget.
- Maintains statistics, prepares required reports for funders, and implements an outcome evaluation process.
- Participates in agency staff meetings, in-service training and other staff development programs as appropriate.
- Completion of a degree or diploma in social services, recreation,
activation, or a related field from a recognized university or college,
or equivalent experience.
- At least three years progressive experience working with elderly persons, preferably in a community setting.
- Strong organizational and program planning, and time management skills
- Superb written and verbal communication skills in Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) and English
- Experience in the delivery of social recreational programming.
- Excellent knowledge of social services related to seniors.
- Supervision experience.
- Flexible and creative team player, able to work with minimal supervision, in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in immigrant settlement services an asset.
- Valid Ontario driver's license an asset.
- Current First Aid and CPR are assets.
Salary Range: $38,460. to $45,100 (CUPE bargaining unit position)
Respond by fax or mail by Monday, August 21, 2006, by 5:00 p.m. to
Eastview Neighbourhood Community Centre
86 Blake Street
Toronto, ON M4J 3C9
Fax: (416) 392-1175
No telephone calls please.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will
be contacted. A criminal record check is required for this position. We
are an equal opportunity employer.
Member agency of the United Way of Greater Toronto and the Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada; supported by the City of Toronto.