We are currently accepting new membership
applications for 2006-2007.
Being a member of Health Promotion Ontario will
- Connect you to a group of professionals with similar focus and
interests beyond those within your own health department or
organization through the member listserve, website
(http://www.hpoph.org/) and conferences.
- Enhance your knowledge and awareness of health promotion topics
and of best practices programming occurring throughout the province.
you to Health Promotion resources that will keep you updated with the
activities that are occurring in public health/health promotion within
Ontario and Canada (i.e., Public Health
Agency of Canada, OPHA/alPHa).
- Facilitate a level of communication, collaboration and
coordination for you with other Health Promotion organizations.
Health Promotion Ontario serves as a channel through which health
promotion practitioners may exchange and share methods, techniques, and
- Provide you with an organization that promotes recognition of the
health promotion role/discipline and a sense of professional identity towards the profession of health promoters.
- Provide you with opportunities for training and continuing education/professional development within the existing health
- Provide you with current health promotion information on various
health promotion issues; HPO is a communication and advisory resource
for agencies, organizations, and anyone in the public and private
sectors, thereby identifying methods of improving the qualityand
practice of health promotion.
To find out more about our association and to access membership forms, please visit our new test website at http://hpotestblog.squarespace.com/join-hpo-/
(although information on Health Promotion Ontario can still be found at
http://www.hpoph.org/, we are currently in transition to the new site).
Please by mail your completed forms by September 18, 2006.
[Source: CLICK4HP, http://listserv.yorku.ca/archives/click4hp.html]