- Visit the Cardiovascular Health Centre (http://www.womenshealthmatters.ca/centres/cardio/index.html) for detailed information about women and heart disease.
- Read features on Heart Health in the A-Z health topics section: http://www.womenshealthmatters.ca/facts/quick_show.cfm?subject=Heart%20Health.
- Join a free, expert-moderated discussion group and talk to other women about heart health: http://www.womenshealthmatters.ca/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=5.
- Read a personal story of an emergency room nurse's experience with women and heart attacks: http://www.womenshealthmatters.ca/le_club/stories/story.cfm?storyid=199.
At the Canadian Health Network (CHN) (http://www.canadian-health-network.ca)
- Read the article "Women with heart disease: living a good life,"
developed by the CHN's Women Affiliate in collaboration with the
Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke Affiliate. The article, which
was highlighted in the latest issue of Healthlink (http://www.canadian-health-network.ca/special/newsletter/august1_06_e.html), will be featured on the CHN homepage (http://www.canadian-health-network.ca) in August.
- Check out our two-part spotlight on the CHN Women page on preventing and living well with cardiovascular disease. Go to http://www.canadian-health-network.ca
in August and September, and click on Women to see our featured
resources on these topics. Additional information about
preventing and managing cardiovascular disease is also available from
the CHN Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke page.
- The CHN Women Affiliate (http://www.womenshealthmatters.ca/about/CHN.html)
has also produced a fact sheet on women's cardiovascular health for
healthcare providers. To request the fact sheet, email