Excellent Benefits and Working Conditions
Maternity Leave Replacement (full-time, 10 month term position)
The North Lanark County Community Health Centre, a part of Lanark
Health and Community Services, is a fully accredited health centre
providing primary health care and health promotion services to the
community of North Lanark.
The Health Promoter facilitates the planning, development,
implementation and evaluation of health promotion and illness
- Post Graduate Degree in health, social sciences, adult education
or a related discipline with a minimum of two years of experience, or
an undergraduate degree or equivalent with 3-5 years of related
- Experience and knowledge of the principles of health promotion,
community organizing techniques, social marketing and adult education
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency in community development activities and outreach programming.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Understanding of issues of disadvantaged groups and of rural health needs.
- Excellent facilitation and support skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, as required.
- Valid driver's license and use of a vehicle.
- Develops, coordinates, delivers and evaluates health promotion programs and initiatives
- Assists in the ongoing identification of community needs/ issues relative to the determinants of health
- Provides support and supervision to staff involved with health promotion programs as required
- Initiates and maintains partnerships with community agencies,
groups and services through participation on networks, coalitions and
community building initiatives
- Acts as a health promotion resource to community, centre staff and the Board of Directors
Please submit covering letter and resume no later than August 28, 2006, to
John Jordan, Executive Director
Lanark Heath and Community Services
207 Robertson Drive
Lanark, ON KOG 1K0
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.