18-to-24 month full-time contract position in Toronto
Working in partnership with Agora Foundation, Sage Centre is initiating
a pilot project to enhance the impact, efficiency and sustainability of
charitable activities and strengthen the roots of the social change
movement. This unique partnership combines quality management and
mentoring services with emerging creative programmatic endeavours
promoting positive social change.
The Project Manager will develop and pilot this integrated model of
housing and mentoring emerging charitable activities in Ontario
Sage Centre provides a charitable home for unincorporated initiatives
in the not-for-profit sector. Governance, administration and
financial supports are provided to support new and emerging charitable
initiatives across sectors. Sage Centre works in tandem with Tides
Canada Foundation in supporting innovative charitable activities.
Sage Centre and Agora Foundation are collaborating to enhance the
impact, efficiency and sustainability of emerging charitable projects
by providing them with a continuum of administrative supports, and
management and organizational consulting resources.
We are looking for an energetic leader with demonstrated experience in
the community not-for-profit sector to work with the partners and
community stakeholders to develop and implement the pilot project. Some
travel will be required.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall development,
administration, implementation and evaluation of the pilot
project. Key responsibilities include
- Overall administration to support the delivery and evaluation of a new program and model
- Outreach to prospective projects and funders
- Developing, implementing and evaluating operational and programmatic activities
- Disseminating outcomes and learnings about the model to stakeholders and voluntary sector leaders and funders
- Coordination of the administrative and organizational consulting supports for projects with the partners
- Demonstrated leadership experience and work in community-based non-profit organizations and with the funding community
- Demonstrated knowledge of non-profit organizations including
governance, financial management, strategic planning, risk management,
communication and government relations
- Proven ability to foster and develop positive working relationships across sectors and with diverse partners
- Excellent organizational, financial management, entrepreneurial
problem solving; facilitation, writing, speaking, and relationship
- Proven experience leading and working in a collaborative
environment and encouraging and supporting a culture and processes of
change and innovation
- Experience working with diverse communities and demonstrated knowledge of access and equity issues
Only electronic applications will be accepted. Please submit a cover
letter and resume by August 18, 2006 by e-mail (or email and
attachment), to PilotProjectManager@SageCentre.org.
Thank you to everyone who applies. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.