- University degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or equivalent discipline is required.
- Minimum three years of public relations experience required
- Knowledge and skills in health communications, social marketing,
research methods, program planning and evaluation and behaviour change
theory would be an asset. Requires strong strategic thinking,
research, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Provides ongoing advice and counsel to public health managers and staff on effective, evidence based health communications.
- Builds awareness of Halton's health programs and services within the community at large as well as targeted groups.
- Participates in emergency communication contingency planning in accordance with the Halton Region Emergency plan
- Researches and prepares or reviews content for draft media
releases, newspaper articles, and the web, for public health staff,
managers, directors and Medical Officer of Health.
- Provides guidance and support on the development of health communication resources.
- Supports the development and implementation of standards and
guidelines related to increasing access to the public health programs
- Co-ordinates use of external public relations, marketing, advertising consultants/contractors where applicable.
- Develops an annual communications plan/strategy implementation
that is aligned with overall corporate communication strategies and
objectives to raise the profile of Halton Region.
- Provides support and advice to public health staff and managers regarding media.
- Operates as a fully integrated member of the Community Relations team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
View the full posting and submission guidelines, at http://www.halton.ca/about/jobs/.