This full-time, permanent position reports to the Director of
Research, Education, Evaluation and Development Services. The
responsibilities include monitoring community health status, assisting
in the investigation and management of health hazards, and conducting
or collaborating on applied public health research projects. The
successful candidate will act as a consultant on epidemiological and
statistical issues for all areas of the Health Unit.
- a Masters in Epidemiology and experience in applied epidemiology;
previous experience in public health would be considered an asset
- demonstrated skills in the theory and application of
epidemiological concepts, trend analysis, forecasting, and quality
- knowledge of health data sources and statistical packages
- several years experience using statistical software such as SAS, SPSS, Epi-Info, and familiarity with other software packages
- good skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- ability to communicate effectively, prepare written reports, and make oral presentations
- effective project management skills and experience
- the ability to communicate in French or other languages would be considered an asset.
Please apply by September 6, 2006, quoting position #REEDEPI0806/01, to
Human Resources Department
Middlesex-London Health Unit
50 King Street
London, ON N6A 5L7
Fax: (519) 663-5086
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of
the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as
amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be
contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.