The Fairmont Royal York (100 Front Street West, Toronto, Ontario)
The overarching theme of Mednet 2006 is "Improving Public Health through the
Internet". The congress at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel features an exciting
program with over 350 speakers and presentations on cutting-edge ehealth topics like
- Health information on the web: Supply and Demand;
- usability and human factors on the web;
- telehealth and medical practice using IP technologies;
- Next-generation Internet health applications;
- patient portals;
- etrials: using the web and etechnologies for clinical trials;
- public (e-)health, population health technologies, surveillance;
- psychobehavioral interventions on the Internet;
- web-based medical education;
- health communication on the internet;
- cancer and the Internet
- web-assisted tobacco interventions.
- Internet based publishing and peer-review; and others
For the complete program, see:
A number of interesting tutorials are also available for non-Mednet registrants:
DEADLINE FOR TUTORIAL REGISTRATION: Sept 13th, 2006.
As part of the congress, Project Open Source | Open Access at U of T is also co-sponsoring a panel on "Open Access publishing in medicine".
[Source: KMDI Digest]