Job Title: SENIOR POLICY ANALYST
Ministry: Health Promotion
Job Classification: Program Analysis 20 APA
Job Schedule: 6
Bargaining Unit: AMAPCEO
Length of Assignment: permanent
Salary: $63,644.00 - $82,510.00 / annually
Location: Toronto (393 University Ave.)
The Ministry of Health Promotion, chronic disease prevention and health promotion branch, is seeking a talented individual to develop timely policy/directions to support the Smoke-Free Ontario strategy and its implementation. You will: provide project leadership, research expertise, analytical support regarding the development of policy options and advice on tobacco control policy; establish, maintain and manage partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders.
- comprehensive knowledge of tobacco control, policy development and approvals processes;
- demonstrated ability to research, analyze and lead project teams to develop policy options and present proposals;
- superior consensus-building, consultation, negotiations skills;
- highly developed project management skills;
- understanding of inter-jurisdictional health policy issues;
- understanding of complex large-scale issues and their potential impact on stakeholders;
- superior report-writing, presentation, relationship-building skills;
- computer proficiency.
Apply by: September 18, 2006 to File: HLC559 Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Human Resources Branch, Client Services, 5700 Yonge St., 2nd Fl., Toronto, ON M2M 4K5 (or) Fax: 416-326-4107 (or) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (MS Word; quote file number in subject line). Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted. OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying to positions.