Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health
Director, Knowledge Transfer
Reports: Vice President, Strategic Communications & Knowledge Exchange
The Director, Knowledge Transfer will be responsible for developing and delivering CADTH's Knowledge Transfer (KT) program and will lead a team of Knowledge Transfer Officers to identify, adapt, implement and evaluate the most effective strategies, approaches and initiatives for the effective translation and exchange of knowledge to health care decision-makers across the country.
- Contributes to the development, management and continuous improvement of the Knowledge Exchange portion of the strategic business plan and annual operational plan
- Undertakes directly the implementation of Knowledge Transfer level HTA projects including establishing and facilitating the input of expert knowledge exchange committees or key stakeholders associated with the projects
- Develop and implement an overall KT Strategy for CADTH to accelerate the translation of research findings to targeted health care decision makers
- Responsible for developing and launching, for both external and internal clients, a range of tools, including new programs and training opportunities to support the implementation of the KT Strategy
- Act as a corporate-wide resource providing expertise, advice, resource materials and assistance to help the program areas improve the translation of knowledge and integrate KT into their activities
- The requirement is a degree in a clinical health discipline with 6-8 years within the Canadian health care system relevant to knowledge transfer or the equivalent with a BSc plus at least 8-10 years of relevant experience. Successful candidate must have a strong understanding of the Canadian health care system and 2-3 years of previous management experience is required.
- Analytical skills/experience in the translation and exchange of research knowledge to decision-makers and ability to translate complex ideas into lay language
- Developed skills in coaching, facilitation, consulting and negotiating
- Exceptional communications and presentation skills with the ability to motivate others and effect behaviour change
- Strong leadership skills and management skills to lead projects and individuals, gather resources and drive projects to successful completion
- Excellent program and project management to manage multiple projects and ability to work to tight deadlines
The Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health is a national body that provides Canada's federal, provincial and territorial health care decision makers with credible, impartial advice and evidence-based information about the effectiveness and efficiency of drugs and other technologies.
Please apply to the Career Button listed on our homepage http://www.cadth.ca
Comprehensive Benefits and Relocation Packages available