Note: Job title, description and level for this position are currently under review and will be finalized by September 15, 2006.
Proposed Title: Associate Manager Patient Health Information
Status: Contract, Full time (1 year; possibility of extension to permanent status)
Department: Health Information Services
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Health Information Services (HIS)
1. Health Information Content Planning
- Development of an annual health content plan (for patient materials)
- Develop a content maintenance plan.
2. Health Info Product Development
- Manages products through the development and approval process.
- Serve as point person on all "patient focused" health information.
- Support healthy living content development as assigned.
3. Health Information Product Evaluation & Consumer Input
- Develop/implement plans for evaluation
4. Health Information Dissemination
- Plan and manage dissemination of health information into clinical settings.
5. Project Management
- Planning and management of projects as assigned
6. Budget Development and Management
- Background in a related discipline (such as nursing, patient self management, adult education, library sciences) and strong knowledge of the Health sector gained through a combination of school and/ or professional experience.
- Prior experience developing health communications
- Working knowledge of the Web for health information (i.e. wnowledge and familiarity with the online environment for health information; online health tools; usability, etc.)
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and persuasion skills
- Knowledge or experience working with multi-level health organizations would be beneficial
Due Date for Applications:
September 22, 2006
Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please forward your resume to:
2300 Yonge Street, 13th Floor,
Toronto, Ontario M4P 1E4