Public Health Unit's, Community Health Centres, Child and Family
Service Organizations and others are invited to submit proposals for
the pre-conference showcase on Mon. Feb 19, 2007. The pre-conference
sessions highlight and showcase innovative approaches to health
promotion, introduce delegates to new research and policy initiatives
and share better practices in the field of maternal, newborn and child
Each showcase will be allotted 20 minutes for presentation and 10
minutes for Qs&As. Morning sessions will focus primarily on
maternal, pre-conception and newborn health and afternoon sessions will
focus primarily on child health and parenting and family supports. The
showcase will be held in one large room, with exhibits from presenters
circling the room. Presenters receive one free registration to the
pre-conference showcase (includes lunch).
Best Start is interested in receiving proposals addressing - but not limited to - the following topics:
- Postpartum Depression
- Physical activity
- Breastfeeding Support and Promotion
- Smoke Free Ontario: Implementation so Far
- Newborn Screening Initiative
- Meeting the Health Information Needs of specific populations (Aboriginal, Teen Parents, Immigrants and Refugees)
- Family Support
- Health Promotion Policy and Research translated to Practice
- Childhood obesity
Other ideas? Contact us to discuss.
Please submit - by OCTOBER 27 - a title for your presentation, a
short description, information about any materials or resources you may
be making available to delegates and whether or not you would like an
exhibit space. Please send proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org . We will
respond to proposals by November 17, 2006. Once accepted, presenters
will be asked to forward copies of their presentation electronically,
for inclusion in our Conference Syllabus before the end of January,
Best Start is also looking for:
- Dynamic presenters for KEYNOTES that address innovative, cutting-edge and current topics.
- Practical, skills-building WORKSHOPS that will equip delegates
with tools, resources, ideas and passion to move forward in their work.
- Engaging FACILITATORS to lead workshops and sessions on a range of topics of interest to our delegates.
- Interesting EXHIBITS that share practical and relevant information and current resources.
CONTACT Sonia Worotynec at email@example.com