Anishnawbe Health Toronto (AHT), an accredited community health centre seeks a Circle of Care Worker who will function as an effective member of a multi-disciplinary mental health team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for initiating and maintaining case management for homeless individuals
Responsible to work within the context of the Mental Health Unit's multi-disciplinary Circle of Care
Other areas of responsibility include Street Outreach/Mobile Case Management
Some evening and weekends required
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 2 years experience in case management/street outreach
- Certification from a University or College is required
- Accreditation and/or registration with an appropriate College deemed an asset
- Background in intensive case management and assessment
- Familiarity and practical experience with multi-disciplinary treatment planning
- Aptitude and experience to work within a multi-disciplinary team framework
- Understanding and knowledge of health and other issues facing the Aboriginal homeless community such as the effects of post-colonial and residential school syndromes
- Aboriginal language skills considered an asset
- Valid Ontario Driver's license is a requirement
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume by 5:00 pm, Wednesday, September 27, 2006 to:
Walter Lindstone, Mental Health Unit Manager
Anishnawbe Health Toronto
179 Gerrard Street East
Toronto Ontario M5A 2E5
Fax: 416 920-8876.
People With Disabilities Are Encouraged to Apply.
(If you are invited for an interview and require accommodation, please let us know.)
Meegwetch to all applicants; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.