Administrative Assistant—Permanent Full-Time
Public Interest is a research, community development and communications
firm working in Toronto since 2002. We specialize in reaching out
to at-risk, multilingual communities, helping them to identify their
priorities and developing ways to address them, and in assisting
organizations in planning and implementing complex initiatives.
This is a multi-tasking role where you will be asked to do a wide range
of administrative duties in a professional, fast-paced, growing
company. In this position you will be responsible for answering
incoming calls and emails, office maintenance, some monthly finances,
and assisting with general administrative duties in a small, friendly
Providing secretarial support to the team including: managing office
equipment and office space, answering the phones, processing the mail,
correspondence, filing (electronic and hard copy), taking and/or
transcribing minutes, and arranging travel as necessary
- Processing daily finances, including petty cash, invoices and expenses, and banking
- Assisting in proofing, formatting and laying out
documents and responsible for copying and collating reports
- Assisting with special projects and/or project logistics, such as event planning, as needed
- Relevant work experience (please note that
experience from outside of Canada is equally relevant and valued as
Canadian experience) or combination of work and education experience
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Access) and Internet Explorer
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to
priorize, schedule and perform tasks with minimum supervision
- Able to demonstrate good judgment and cope with a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Resourceful problem-solver who takes initiative within job scope
- People oriented, friendly with a professional attitude and suited to working in a team
- A valid G driver's license
- Knowledge of languages other than English are considered an asset
Hours: 40 hours per week (occasional evening and weekend work)
Salary Range: $30,000-$35,000
Job will start mid-October.
Please submit cover letters and resumes by 4:00 p.m., Friday, September
22, 2006, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax
(416-531-7210). Please indicate how you found this posting.
Interviews will be conducted the week of September 25, 2006.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest and advise that only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Our work involves engaging people from diverse backgrounds (including
our staff team, our clients, and the communities we serve) in ways that
are equitable and inclusive, requiring skills and perspectives that may
not always be recognized by traditional employers. We value these
skills in any position at Public Interest. People from
marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.