(Formerly - HIV/AIDS Train the Trainer)
A free modular workshop facilitated by Toronto Public Health Sexual Health Educators, in conjunction with Community Members.
- Are you a new HIV/AIDS community worker or educator in Toronto?
- Do you need basic HIV/AIDS information?
- Are you looking for group and counselling strategies when educating about HIV/AIDS?
- Do you want to increase your comfort when discussing sex and sexuality?
- Do you want to explore the challenges of working from an anti-oppression framework?
- Do you want to incorporate theoretical models of change theory into real life situations?
If you answer yes to any of the above, this workshop is for you!
This HIV/AIDS workshop is divided into 3 full-day modules which run
back-to-back. Modules may be taken separately although past
participants suggest taking all 3 modules in order. Sessions will be
held in downtown Toronto. Content includes
- Module 1 HIV/AIDS: The Basics
- Module 2 Sex and Sexuality/ Working in Diversity
- Module 3 Putting Theory into Practice
2006 Fall Workshops dates:
- Module 1 (9:00-4:30) October 3, November 28, December 19
- Module 2 (9:00-4:30) October 4, November 29, December 20
- Module 3 (9:00-4:30) October 5, November 30, December 21
For registration/information/location/questions, please contact Dunja Kreznarich at
416 338-1683 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
[Source: Canadian Harm Reduction Network, http://www.canadianharmreduction.com]