Invest in Kids, a national not-for-profit organization based in
Toronto, is seeking candidates for the positions of Parent Educators
for the Parenting Initiative Project. The project is developing and
testing a comprehensive prenatal and parent education program for
couples expecting their 1st baby. The positions are for the
Parent Educator-Nurse/Midwife/Doula/Physician and the Lead Parent
Educator-Counselor. Parent Educators will work in teams to
implement the program in Ottawa, Niagara, Hamilton, Oakville,
Peterborough, York Region and Toronto.
- Work with the Lead Parent Educators and evaluators to strengthen all aspects of curriculum.
- Team-teach the curriculum to groups of parents through the Pretest and Pilot.
- Work from 1-5 hours each week.
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Current registration in appropriate professional college
- M.D, M.S.W. M.Ed, or Ed. D (counseling), M.A or Ph.D.
(psychology), RN, B.Hsc in Midwifery, Certified CBE or Doula or
relevant education and experience.
- Experience in teaching childbirth preparation and post-natal recovery programs.
- Experience in teaching couples/marital/family/parenting programs, with direct practice.
Candidates are invited to fax, mail or e-mail a brief introduction and detailed resume by November 18, 2006, to
Attn: Director, Parent Education Curriculum
Invest in Kids
6th floor, 425 Adelaide Street West
Toronto, ON M4V 3C1
Fax: (416) 977-9655,