Full-time permanent position
As part of the Planning unit and reporting to the Manager, Research,
Evaluation and Planning, this position provides expertise in the areas
of research and program evaluation and contributes to the development
of indicators of success that are part of FSA's ongoing commitment to
report on the impact of its work at the broadest level. Key
duties include planning and implementing research projects and program
evaluation activities including design, data collection, organization
and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data; application of
Program Logic Model or other appropriate methodology; writing reports
and building evaluation knowledge.
- Collaborate with managers and staff to develop and implement evaluation frameworks.
- Carry out user satisfaction, process and outcome evaluation
studies. Perform statistical analysis and interpretation of results.
Prepare reports and recommendations, communicate results.
- Carry out research and analysis to support good governance and
organizational development at FSA including the work of the Board of
Directors and its committees.
- Carry out research and advise FSEAP colleagues on research projects with respect to employee wellness.
- Contribute to research projects of the agency, including the design and implementation of project/funding proposals.
- Collect, analyze and disseminate relevant research literature within the agency.
- Identify research opportunities and funding sources consistent with the agency's service and learning objectives.
- Provide statistical and trend data for annual and strategic planning.
- Contribute to the agency's quality assurance / accreditation processes.
- Plan and implement educational activities for agency staff and partners on evaluation issues.
- Research, review and implement policy for research and evaluation.
- Supervise students and link with knowledge networks, including Faculties of Social Work.
- Post graduate degree at the Master's or PhD. level (or in final
stages of thesis completion) in human services with research component
- Several years experience in managing and conducting research and/ or evaluation projects.
- Knowledge and experience with current evaluation field,
especially in Program Logic Models, Client Satisfaction, Quality
Assurance and Outcome evaluation methodologies.
- Strong skills in quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation methodologies.
- Excellent computer skills including a working knowledge of
evaluation and research software (SPSS, Nudist/ NVivo and MS Office
- Demonstrated success in research, writing and making presentations.
- Ability to work collaboratively with personnel at all levels across multiple programs/ areas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong ability to exchange knowledge and share information.
- Superior organizational, analytical, problem solving abilities.
Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, prioritize, take
- Community based research experience; especially with diverse ethno-cultural groups is a definite asset.
Salary range: Salary Grade 8 (subject to review by JJEC) $47,898-$58,993
This is a non bargaining unit, non management position.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a letter of application and resume quoting file #RES43/ 06 to
Family Service Association of Toronto
Human Resource Services
355 Church Street
Toronto, ON M5B 1Z8
Fax: (416) 595-2895
Deadline to apply: No later than November 13, 2006
FSA Welcomes Diversity and is Committed to a Policy of Anti-Oppression