Date required: Immediate
Position: Team Leader - Call Centre Operations
Reports to: Director, Dietitians Advisory Service
Type of Position: Full time manager for the pilot; long term plan
to be determined by the Ontario Ministry of Health Promotion
Dietitians of Canada (DC) is working with the Ontario Ministry of
Health Promotion to establish and pilot a Dietitian Advisory Service
(DAS) as an element of the Ministry's comprehensive "Healthy Eating and
Active Living Action Plan". DC will establish and pilot a call
centre staffed by Registered Dietitians to provide residents of Ontario
with easy access to healthy eating advice through a toll-free telephone
number. This call center service will be launched in early spring
of 2007, and piloted for a year. The Ministry of Health Promotion
will determine the long term Dietitian's Advisory Service plan to
follow the call centre pilot phase which is scheduled to end March 31,
The Team Leader - Call Centre Operations is primarily responsible for
recommending policies and procedures and overseeing the daily
operations of the call centre that will provide services to the general
public and health professionals Monday to Friday, in English and
French, in accordance with an approved capacity management plan,
processes and standards. The Team Leader will manage the hiring
process, coordinate orientation, training and professional development,
provide work-schedules and assignments, supervise and evaluate the call
centre registered dietitians as well as manage a variety of contracts
for specialized services required for call centre operations.
- University degree is required. Additional professional development in health services administration would be an asset.
- A Registered Dietitian credential is preferred
- Minimum of five years experience in management of nutrition
services and registered dietitians or a telehealth service or a
virtually organized health service.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills as well as operations
management skills (policy, planning and evaluation) are required.
Advanced computer skills for information management would an asset.
- Competency in French is an asset
- Toronto based operation
- Hire, develop, monitor and evaluate staff resources for the intake lines at the call centre.
- Develop and monitor approved contracts for specialized services such as translation, fulfillment, and technology.
- Recommend refinements and enhancements for the web based portal
(O-PEN) that supports knowledge management and evaluation of the call
- Recommend call centre plans and oversee implementation of
approved plans for staff orientation and education, caller access, call
management, call documentation, complaints management, and
confidentiality and security (e.g. personal health information) and
- As a Member of the Call Centre Management Team contribute to and
oversee policies, processes and standards for call centre operations,
budget, continuous quality improvements, service monitoring and
Dietitians of Canada offers a salary commensurate with experience as
well as a group health and life benefits plan, an annual RRSP
contribution, sick and vacation benefits and professional development
A more detailed Position Profile and information about the interview
process are available from Patricia Sierra firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are due November 23, 2006. A resume and letter of
application are to be submitted in confidence to email@example.com
(Subject of email: Dietitians Advisory Service - Team Leader - Knowledge
Transfer). Applications will be acknowledged.