The South Riverdale Community Health Centre is hiring a full time
Community Dietitian for 14 months. This position will work three days a
week with the Diabetes Program and two days a week with the Early Years
- Plan, deliver, implement and evaluate education and nutrition programs.
- Develop and evaluate nutrition education resources and counseling
materials relating to diabetes and nutrition for young children.
- Co-ordinates the Chinese Diabetes classes and community kitchen programs.
- Focus test recipes for a Chinese cookbook for people with diabetes
- Nutrition education and clinical counseling experience
- Ability to speak and write Chinese
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the impact of social, economic,
environmental, and cultural issues in diet, nutrition and food access
- Excellent communication and group facilitation skills.
- Experience with diabetes, early years nutrition education, outreach, and/or community-based health care preferred
- University degree in food and nutrition
- Completion of an accredited Dietetic internship
- Membership with the College of Dietitians of Ontario and Dietitians of Canada
Deadline: November 24, 2006
The Hiring Committee
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3