permanent full-time position
Cancer Care Ontario (CCO) is Ontario's authority on cancer information
and cancer practices, and is responsible for monitoring and ensuring
the quality of cancer care in the province. As the government's
principal adviser on cancer issues, CCO's mission is to improve the
performance of the cancer system by ensuring the best quality cancer
research, information, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and supportive
care for the people of Ontario.
The prevention unit is one of 5 units in the Division of Preventive
Oncology dedicated to reducing the incidence of cancer in
Ontario. The Division of Preventive Oncology is responsible for
advancing the implementation of the action plan for cancer prevention
and screening in Ontario, to achieve the targets outlined in Cancer
2020 'Targeting Cancer: an action plan for cancer prevention and
detection' (a document published jointly by Cancer Care Ontario and the
Canadian Cancer Society).
The role of the Knowledge Exchange Officer is to coordinate a knowledge
exchange program to increase evidence-informed decision-making amongst
internal and external stakeholders working in cancer prevention and
screening e.g. Regional Cancer Programs, Public Health Units and
- A Masters degree in health sciences, social sciences, planning or
policy or a relevant Bachelors degree plus five years experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly developed facilitation, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of health promotion and
public health theory, with knowledge of cancer prevention and screening
- Experience with project management and program evaluation.
- Ability to speak and understand French preferred
Posted: November 17, 2006
Closing Date: November 27, 2006
Please apply online at http://www.cancercare.on.ca.