Public Health, File #06-440
We are one of Ontario's fastest growing municipalities, delivering a
wide range of municipal services to over 1,000,000 residents and a
thriving business community and a leader among Ontario municipalities
in efficient, effective service delivery - the first government in
Canada to achieve the National Quality Institute's prestigious Canada
Awards for Excellence.
Are you a self-starting and forward-thinking health professional who
thrives on new challenges and appreciates working in a progressive
environment where innovation, teamwork, effective communication,
respect and integrity help guide quality client service? If so,
consider this challenging contract full-time opportunity in Peel
Health's Communicable Diseases Division.
You will be an integral member of a multidisciplinary team focusing on
health promotion strategies for the Healthy Sexuality Program.
You will plan, develop, implement, and evaluate health promotion
practices/programs in order to effectively meet the Mandatory Health
Programs and Services Guidelines. As well as providing
recommendations based on research, analysis of data and results related
to program planning, you will also provide consultation and report
writing regarding the programs and best practices. You will also
develop educational, outreach and health promotional materials used for
broad based campaigns, targeted populations, IDU communities and health
professionals in order to meet program objectives.
If you possess
- a University degree in Health Promotion or related health field
combined with 1-3 years related experience in project management,
program development, implementation and evaluation
- knowledge of the Mandatory Health Programs and Services Guidelines
- familiarity with key theoretical models of health education, community development and health promotion
- strong research, analytical and report writing skills to interpret and apply data
- excellent social marketing, facilitation and public relations skills
- knowledge of MS Office, MS Access, MS Projects, SPSS or other epidemiological tools would be considered an asset
- an ability to travel to various regional locations and to work
some evenings and weekends, we would like to hear from you.
There is more to a career at Peel; we also offer
- salary range from $51,975-$64,970
- a comprehensive benefit package
- a high tech environment
- mentoring and coaching
- training and development
- a family orientated environment
- a healthy workplace
- direct links to management and
- a workplace where your feedback is important to us.
To be considered for this attractive assignment, please apply online by
visiting us at http://www.peelregion.ca/jobs. Select current
listings and go to Health Promotion Officer, Healthy Sexuality (Public
Health) File # 06-440. You will be invited to complete a
questionnaire on your related education and experience. The
posting closes on December 5, 2006.
The Region of Peel, an equal opportunity employer, appreciates all
responses; however, only candidates under consideration will be