Toronto Disaster Relief Committee is hiring for a part-time Interim Coordinator.
Start date: Immediately or as soon as possible. Contract to January 31st with possibility of renewal.
Hours: 14-21 hours per week depending upon availability and skill set of applicant.
Candidate must have strong communication skills (spoken, written and
computer), excellent organizational abilities, be capable of working
with minimal supervision, able to deal with crises, and experience
working with homeless people and on housing issues.
Duties to include
Basic office coordination
- Respond to phone calls, emails, mail and in-person requests for information
- Organize General Members' Meetings, Steering Committee meetings. Management Team meetings and Monthly Homeless Memorial vigil.
- Supervise work of Administrative Assistant (pt)
- Develop press releases and respond to media inquiries.
- Be able to create updates about TDRC work and distribute to listserv.
- Provide regular updates to the TDRC email list about upcoming TDRC (and relevant external) events, issues and actions.
- Plan or provide logistical support for events and actions for TDRC.
- Monitor issues, particularly at the municipal level of government.
- Monitor emerging concerns and emergencies within the community
- Monitor media on relevant issues.
Ideally, the candidate would also be skilled in web site management.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to
6 Trinity Square,
Toronto, ON M5G 1B1
Fax: (416) 599-5445