An Accredited Health Unit Since 1990
The Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit is located along
the St. Lawrence River, between Kingston and Ottawa and serves a
population of 160,000 in a 5,000 square kilometre area that includes
the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville, City of Brockville, County
of Lanark, and the Towns of Smiths Falls, Gananoque and
Prescott. The Director of Quality Improvement is a full
time, permanent status position, in our Brockville Office.
Visit our website at http://www.healthunit.org/ to learn more about us.
Annual 2007 Salary Range: $74,618 to $87,786, excellent benefits, including four (4) weeks annual vacation
Education and Experience: A Master's degree in a health related
discipline, five (5) years recent experience leading quality
improvement activities in a health care setting, two (2) years
management experience or equivalent in the health field, preferably
public health, familiarity and experience with National Quality
Institute Principles for Excellence.
Reporting to the Medical Officer of Health, the Director of Quality
Improvement will be responsible for the effective and efficient
management of designated staff, services and programs, including
Quality Improvement, Strategic Planning, Accreditation, and Program
Specific responsibilities will include
- Participating in the overall operation and administration of the Health Unit as a member of the Senior Management Team;
- Assisting in preparation and management of the designated budget(s).
- Providing leadership and expertise in the fields of the designated areas of responsibility;
- Working as a team member with other senior staff to develop, plan
and implement the mandate, strategic goals and objectives of the Health
- Planning and evaluation of all designated services and programs;
- Keeping the Medical Officer of Health informed of activities and issues within their areas of responsibility;
- Operating within provincial legislation, the collective
agreements of the local bargaining units, and Agency policies and
- Excellent administrative, communication (oral and written), public relations and leadership skills.
- Experience in managing interdisciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of community and public health promotion and disease
prevention strategies and knowledge of information systems will be
considered an asset.
- A criminal record check is required of all employees.
To apply, submit resume with covering letter, by 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, January 3, 2007, to
Director, Corporate Services
Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit
458 Laurier Boulevard
Brockville, ON K6V 7A3
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with our
agency; unfortunately we will only be contacting those candidates
selected for an interview.