This Community Dietitian will work within a multidisciplinary
Population Health Team to address adult and senior nutrition issues in
Haldimand and Norfolk counties. You will provide nutrition information
to the community and facilitate health-promotion strategies. The
responsibilities include providing consulting services to health,
education and social service professionals, community agencies and
individuals. Problem solving with individuals, coalitions,
professionals, community organizations and the media is a key component
of this job.
- Must be a registered member in good standing with the College of
Dietitians of Ontario (with education requirements as outlined by the
- Two to three years relevant experience (inclusive of internship),
preferably in community nutrition programs (health & nutrition
promotion, community development, program planning, implementation and
evaluation) or equivalent.
- Well-developed oral and written communications skills.
- The ability to use corporate-standard computer software and computers.
- The ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Proven interpersonal skills.
- A valid Ontario driver's licence and have access to a vehicle. as travel is required.
The Corporation of Norfolk County as the administrator of
Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit offers a competitive salary and an
excellent benefits package. Qualified candidates are invited to submit
detailed resumes by 4:30 p.m. on January 12, 2007, to
K.A. Webb, General Manager
Human Resources & Staff Development Dept.
21 Lynnwood Ave.
Simcoe, ON N3Y 2V7
Fax: (519) 426-9876
firstname.lastname@example.org (MS Word® document or text file please)
All applications will be held in strict confidence. We thank all
applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be
contacted. Personal information is collected under the authority of the
Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will
be used for employment assessment purposes only.