89 Chestnut Avenue
It's not our bodies that need changing... it's our
attitudes. Listen, learn and share stories...find the
shades of grey in a world often presented in black and white.
Internationally acclaimed participating educators, activists, and practitioners include
- Shari Greydon--Author of award-winning books Made You Look-How
Advertising Works, and Why You Should Know
and In Your Face - The Culture of Beauty and You
- Joe Kelly--Author of Dads and Daughters: How to Inspire, Support
and Understand Your Daughter When She's Growing Up So Fast, journalist,
activist and co-founder of Dads and Daughters
- Carla Rice--Global consultant on women's body image issues,
including body image, disability and physical difference, body
diversity and equity in schools and body image across the lifespan
- Glenn Gaesser--Author of Big Fat Lies: The Truth About Your
Weight and Your Health; professor, University of Virginia, Fellow of
the American College of Sports Medicine.
- Sandra Friedman--Author of The Body Thieves; Nurturing Girl Power; and When Girls Feel Fat
Topics include About boys and men, Youth engagement, and Tools for coaches and educators.
For more information, visit http://www.nedic.ca.
Presenting sponsor: Dove Self Esteem Fund