South Riverdale Community Health Centre is hiring a part-time (17.5
hours per week) Chinese Community Outreach Worker for 1 year
(with possibility for extension) to outreach and deliver Chinese health
services and programs to the Chinese Community.
- Undertake an outreach program to the Chinese speaking community of Riverdale.
- Participate in the delivery, planning and development of Health Centre's programs/ services.
- Co-ordinate health educational groups and programs for the community.
- Act as an advocate for the Chinese community
- Produce and/or translate health education materials.
- A degree from a recognized university in health, social science,
adult education, or a combination of diplomas and significant
- Three years of health promotion/ education experience working experience in a community based / health organization.
- Excellent communication and group facilitation skills.
- Experience and knowledge of health promotion and health education, community development and program planning.
- Experience and knowledge of Chinese culture, health systems and resources.
- Ability to write Chinese and speak Cantonese and Mandarin.
Deadline: January 5, 2007
Please send resumes to
South Riverdale Community Health Center
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
Attention: Hiring Committee
No phone calls, emails please