Full-time, regular position 40hrs/wk
Based in Toronto, this position will travel throughout the province of Ontario.
Fife House is an AIDS service organization providing supportive housing
and support services to persons living with HIV/AIDS. The Ontario HIV
and Substance Use Training Program (OHSUTP), operated by Fife House,
works to improve and enhance the care, treatment and support accessed
within substance use/addiction treatment services, for persons living
with HIV/AIDS, and those who are at risk for infection in Ontario. The
OHSUTP will partner with treatment centres, addiction programs and
substance use providers throughout the province of Ontario to develop,
deliver and evaluate training workshops for professional staff, workers
and volunteers focused on issues related to HIV/AIDS and substance use.
- 5+ years previous experience in a substance use field with an appropriate degree in the health and/or human services fields;
- Must be able to delivery training programs in both official languages (French and English);
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in an adult education
environment complemented with exceptional training and/or facilitation
- In-depth knowledge of issues facing people living with HIV/AIDS who use substances
- Strong project management skills and experience;
- In-depth knowledge of HIV infection in the current context with a
focus on substance use, emerging populations and harm reduction;
- Good knowledge base and experience in community development;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a small team setting;
- Must have a valid drivers license and be able to travel throughout Ontario;
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
Salary: 42k-54k + Benefits
Fife House is committed to employment equity and encourages
applications from persons living with HIV/AIDS, visible minorities and
persons with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Please forward your resume and covering letter that clearly indicates
position applied for by 5:00 p.m., January 12, 2007,
[Source: Canadian Harm Reduction Network mailing listhttp://www.canadianharmreduction.com/index.php]